I’ve talked about this monster in a previous post, so I won’t go into a lot of detail here. Suffice it to say that I like using these critters as indigenous monsters, not just in subterranean settings, but anywhere that fresh corpses could be found. Since they are practically mindless and not that quick at devouring things, you can paralyze a whole party with one of these nasties and not have to kill them all. What I like to do when this happens is choose at random who the Crawler decides to make a meal out of. I imagine there is nothing quite like that moment when you regain the use of your limbs, sit up, and notice that one of your friends is gone from the waist down, with a carrion crawler busily dining on what’s left of him.
- 30 Day Challenge: Day 16 Aberration – Nothic (towerofthearchmage.blogspot.com)
- 30 Day D&D – Favorite Monster (Abberation) (bigballofnofun.blogspot.com)
- Aberrations: D&D 30-Day Challenge, Day 16 (dorkistan.com)
- d30 Day 16 Question – Aberration (randomwizard.blogspot.com)
- Favorite Aberration (fractalbat.wordpress.com)